Friday 18 February 2011

A World of Me

“Imagine for just one day that everyone you see around you is simply you with a different set of life experiences”, says a messenger with a challenge. Suspending disbelief and truly imagining that it is so, I can hardly bear it for a few seconds as I look around and see all the faces, noticing my subtle criticisms and other thoughts that distance each and every one. Undertaking this exercise with integrity is very hard as I look deep into each person and see that their being “me” with different life experiences allows me to love and accept everyone, feeling compassion for their deep suffering that has them be other than the same way. Suddenly there is a world of “me” everywhere, me’s just doing the best we know how, to greater and lesser effect. It is sad this world of me where I don’t know myself, love myself as I would like to be known and loved. I can but pray and dream…… one day at a time.

No comments: