Saturday 19 February 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

After so much anguish, pain and self doubt, I never imagined such deep, enduring and unconditional joy was possible: joy at who I am; joy at what I am privileged to see and do in this life; joy in knowing I am safe, no matter what, even in the face of major loss including death.

Whilst experiences such as death and sudden poverty can be painful, there is still joy to be had from the experience and the understanding, the connection with others who have faced the same and the opportunities such experiences produce for those willing to look for the elusive silver lining to every apparent misfortune.

My access to this joy? It’s simple: the constant looking for that silver lining coupled with profound gratitude for everything.

No comments: