Monday 18 February 2008

Love in Abundance (the poem)

I see love everywhere,
Where before I saw so many things;
Anything but love
In everything in life.

Before I would walk down the street,
Worrying how I looked,
Thinking how much better I was than others
(or how much worse).

Before I would see hard work
Obligation and burden,
I saw works of art
And pleasant but pointless endeavour.

Before there was strength in independence
Weakness in reliance;
Goodness in giving and
Selfishness and badness in taking.

Now I see a wondrous new world
And everyone is part of a picture,
United by the source of life,
The source of all things: love.

Our work, our creations and
Everyone we know or don’t know
Are an expression of love,
A magnificent omnipresence.

How grateful I am to have found
Inner peace in my humanity
With time still to take part
In this amazing game called life.

2 comments:

Ayse said...

Hi Maitland
Your poem lifted my spirit. I'm so glad there are people like you in this world. A x

Maitland Kalton said...

Thank you Ayse. You touch me with your comment since that is precisely what I aim to do with my writing ... lift people's spirits. Bless you. Maitland